Ear Dr. from PetAlive -- Natural remedy to help soothe itchiness and promote clean healthy ears on cats and dogs.
- Keeps ear canals clear and free of blockages
- Soothes ear passages to prevent itching and scratching
- Maintains normal balance of flora in the ear canal
- Promotes complete ear health
- Great for chronic & acute cases
- Easy to use herbal drops
- For cats and dogs
Ear Dr. contains a blend of natural, herbal ingredients in a medicinal olive oil base, all specially selected to support the health of the skin and structures inside of your pet's ear.
Ear health, structure and function -- While the basic structure and functions of the ears of dogs and cats are similar to humans, dogs in particular differ in the shapes of their outer ear. While some dogs have pointed upright ears, others (like Spaniels) have long, pendulous ears which can predispose them to ear problems. This interesting fact highlights the importance of keeping ears healthy, and clean (to prevent scratching and irritation). Your pet's ears also contain certain amounts of wax, as well as a variety of flora (e.g. yeast and certain bacteria) to keep ears clean and free of infection. Maintaining the natural balance of normal flora and healthy organisms in the ear is therefore important, and it is only when a weakened immune system causes over proliferation of the inner flora of the ear that problems arise.
Look out for shaking of the head and ears, scratching and rubbing, a foul smell from the ear or even discharge and consult your vet if you are concerned.
The natural way -- As can be seen from the above information, maintaining balance and harmony in the ear and keeping the outer ear clean is very important in helping to keep your pet's ears problem-free. Thankfully, there is much that can be done to prevent problems.
- Because the ears are essentially part of the skin, ear health starts with general skin health. This means a healthy diet, avoidance of allergens, and keeping pets free from mites, fleas and other skin parasites is essential.
- Adopt a holistic approach to your pet's health and examine all factors that influence your pet's well-being. This will result in a happy, healthy pet.
- Today's rushed lifestyle of over-processed foods puts strain on our pet's immune systems and predisposes them to developing allergies and succumbing to infections. By feeding them a diet free of colorants and preservatives and one that is similar to the diet they would eat in the wild you are less likely to have a pet that suffers from dietary intolerances or skin problems.
- A last note: Do not be tempted to probe your pet's ears with Q-tips- you will only do damage!
Ear Dr. is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Marigold, Mullein, Rosemary, Tea tree oil.
How do I use Ear Dr.? Hold your pet's head slightly to one side and allow the drops to fall into the ear canal. Massage gently to spread the oil into the ear canal. Repeat 2-3 times daily for at least 7-10 days. Re-apply at the very first signs of re-infection.
Cats: 2-3 drops
Dogs under 50 pounds: 2-3 drops
Dogs over 50 pounds: 3-5 drops
Maintenance dose: The dosage above can be repeated 1-2 times weekly as a maintenance dose.
Get optimum results with regular use. While conventional medicine works by often treating just the symptoms, natural medicine strives to create holistic balance in the body to support systemic health, relieve ailments, and help prevent future disease. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, the natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning (rather than just suppressing symptoms).
Pets respond to natural medicine in different ways, some of our satisfied customers have reported observing immediate results in their pets while many others have reported observing optimal benefits taking effect within 3-6 weeks. To ensure your pet receives optimum results it is important to administer natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that giving your pet a smaller maintenance dose is beneficial for ongoing support, many customers report using a regular maintenance dose as part of a preventative program for the continued health and well-being of their beloved animals.
How long until I see results? An almost immediate soothing effect should be noticed. Results for ear health will continue to improve over 1-3 weeks of regular use.
How long will a bottle last? One 30 ml bottle of Ear Dr. will last for 20-40 days, depending on the size and needs of your pet.